meta tag

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Loneliness

The title sounds like a song doesn't it.

There are times we all get a little lonely. I find myself working a bit harder when I get lonely. I have also discovered that working a bit harder is a prescription for loneliness. The truth is, life partners, family members, and friends don't want to see you work; they want you to spend time with them.

I heard T. D. Jakes say the other day, "Show me a parent who is always at the games with their children, always at the family events, and always makes time to go when friends invite them out, and I will show you someone who is broke."

It takes time to make a living, and if all one does is, go to work and come home to the fun, well; that may leave some things to be desired. There is a choice, a balance. I wonder how many see the need for compassion in the balance. Personally, I feel the need to see it exists in every aspect of our lives.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Alice H. Cash said...

Hi Tony,

I agree that we need to balance work, play, and helping others. There are opportunities to show compassion in every aspect of life, including self-compassion!

Hugs,

Chantdoc

Tony Dollars said...

So true, so true!
I go back to the "Be Thankful posting.

If we can simply think of those things we are thankful for we can over come those things that seem to hold us hostage.

Much love to you Alice,

Tony Dollars