meta tag

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Mind Miracle

Today I have decided to post the writing of an author who has overcome close to soo-uh-sahyd-l thoughts.
Below, the author has listed ten points to remember. he says correct thinking involves 1-2 thought, a thought process uninfluenced by 1-4 thought. The list isn’t meant to be conclusive, only a sample of one way to look at things. There have been edits to the article, but please read on...

1. Consider emotions, don’t make emotions the determining factor of a decision. Look at what emotions have done. They almost destroyed my life. Of course it isn’t smart to make a decision solely on them.

2. Identify the different views of the mountain when looking at a feeling. This is covered under the headings, “The View of the Mountain,” and “Types of Thought.” This is a very important concept, part of the package of ideas that allowed me to overcome the emotional scars. I feel invigorated when I think about this concept.

3. Identify what influences your thought. View the sky inside your mind. Make sure you know why you think what you think, and feel what you feel.

4. Remain diligent. I’m not saying be paranoid about thoughts, rather try to keep an open mind and always consider other views. To be fixed on one way of thinking is a sure sign that you may have to re-evaluate your position, both in terms of thoughts, and issues in the outer world.

5. Distrust assumptions. Remove the clothes from the king. An assumption can be a road block. Assuming things will be a certain way and not examining to find out the actual facts is always a danger. Make sure you know why you believe what you believe.

6. Nothing within can harm you, unless you let it. Analyze condemnation and find its source. Never condemn yourself for a thought. Gain power over thoughts by examining them and finding out why they exist. I freed myself from thoughts by loving them.

7. You can not free yourself from a thought by avoiding it. Just like in #6, don’t avoid thoughts, examine them.

8. Use anger like a tool. Don’t let anger use you. Anger is like fire. Use anger to your advantage. Don’t burn the house down. Be smart with anger. The proper use of anger was one of the concepts that helped save my life. Don’t forget what was written about anger under the heading, “The Metal Weight.” Without anger, I couldn’t have gotten far.

9. Keep the light burning and believe in yourself. Remember that self improvement pleases God. Find meaning in your thoughts, because meaning is there.
10. Look at alternatives and choose the most advantages. In the outer world there are always different choices. In the mind, there are always different ways of looking at the same thoughts. The more choices and the more ways you can identify, the more opportunity to make smart choices exists. Take time to choose the best way of looking at things. Make the smartest choices.

12 comments:

Louis said...

Thank you for mentioning my website. I assure you that everything on it is the truth. God uses us for his purposes and we don’t always understand at first, but in time we will. I was inspired to create the website. It being the subject of a miracle, I don’t claim credit for it, so if you see value in it, thank God.

Sincerely,

Louis

Tony Dollars said...

You are very welcome Louis.
Tony

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anonymous,

I'm presently working very hard to articulate what I see so that others will understand what I believe happened inside my mind. Someday, I hope I'll succeed in getting a lot of people to understand the way you do! It's a long journey, but in the end, I'm sure It'll be worth it.

Sincerely,

Louis

The Miracle Inside My Mind said...

Hi Anonymous,

I've been working very hard so people can see what happened inside my mind the way you do. Hopefully,
some day, more people will.

Sincerely

Louis

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Cool website, I had not noticed compassionnetwork.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use some of the information from this blog post above if I give a link back to your website?

Thanks,
Peter

Tony Dollars said...

Yes, please do share the information and link Peter.

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at compassionnetwork.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from this post right above if I provide a backlink back to this website?

Thanks,
Alex

Tony Dollars said...

Yes, as you post please do send me a copy, or post the link here. Thanks for asking. ~Tony~

Anonymous said...

turns out this was pretty helpful. perchance it will eschew you too?

[url=http://www.groutrevive.com/grout-stain/]staining grout
[url=http://www.groutrevive.com] grout paint

Anonymous said...

how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do