meta tag

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Choices

Ever wonder which one to make? I can imagine you saying "No," I never wonder which one to make. They are always made before they are given to me. That makes my life easy and livable. I don't spend much time mulling over what to do, where to go, or what time should I start. My life is predesigned for me. I picked it, peeled it, and pasted it, and it has been working every since."

In a perfect world, "Yes."

Some of the choices we have to make seem to hurt others as we reach to help ourselves. Sometimes choices we need to make will help those we love but somehow we are emotionally fooled into thinking that they are harmful. Such is the choice I have to make this weekend of moving out of my apartment.

My landlord is so kind and giving that I don't want to loose her. She has been nothing but professional in her treatment of me. Though there were some things she needed to do before I moved in, without having complete knowledge of these things, I moved in anyway.

Because she is a single mom I feel my rent is helping her get her finances in order. Now we have found there is a problem with the apartment itself, and I have to move. Of course we have talked about it and feel when she gets things straightened out that I could move back in. It's just hard to go.

Right in the middle of preparing for my transition in life career wise, developing the new processes I need in place to transition, I am faced with a move. What's even more to think about, my birthday is in four days, January 30, 2008. Since I have been here that would make me 50 years of age. I dream a lot that I came from another place in time. I see castles, and knights, no cars, just horses. My age from that period would have to be about 773.

Wow! If Ben Franklin were alive today he would be about 302 years of age. I would be hundreds of years older than old Ben Franklin. But the choices he made allowed him to stay in our memories for the time past since.

The choices to create lasting benefits are the ones I want to make. Choices that teach good beneficial lessons, choices, that build strong relationships, choices, that show I care about more than "What's in it for me." Choices that, without a doubt, show I love the creator of the universe, my heavenly Father with all my heart.

What are the choices you want to make?

4 comments:

Alice H. Cash said...

Tony, your blog just gets better and better! And yes, you are an "old soul." You probably were a knight in shining armor in days gone by.

Hope your 50th birthday is wonderful and fantastic and fulfills every birthday dream that you have!!

Happy, happy birthday to you!

Chantdoc

Tony Dollars said...

Your words are warming Alice. Thank you for the kindness of your heart.

There are several things every human desires, 1. A companion to love and spend an eternity, 2. Rewarding work that to fulfill their needs, 3. Children to be proud of, 4. Family to enjoy fun and laughter, 5. The safety in community, 6. Hope for tomorrow, 7. and the joy true friendship brings.

I am thankful that God has allowed me to see these things, each in a time appointed to it.

Your friendship is a treasure whose only comparison is pure gold.

Nancy E said...

Tony,
I thank God that we are able to make choises. It is important to me to remember that every choice we make affects everyone around us. I am thankful that I make the choice to seek your writings each day for encouragement. Thanks for being a chosen vessel for the Lord. Call those things that be not as though they were . Peace my friend.
NEM

Tony Dollars said...

Thank you Nancy!
I am thankful that you are tuned in the "The Writings of The Heart," Compassion Network blog. What a wonderful thing it is to find connection. As we find inner connections, we discover True Love.

Take care,
Tony Dollars