meta tag

Monday, January 28, 2008

Waiting

Have you done what you need to do to be prepared to wait? Or are you just waiting on some bread to fall from the sky?

What a way to start a compassionate blog! But I prayed, and I asked my creator to tell me what to say. When I opened my eyes, I looked at the box, put my hand to the keyboard, and wrote the word "Waiting." Was it because I was waiting on words, or was it because I know there are times we need to consider whether our waiting is justified. What ever the reason I simply acted in faith. I will explain later.

Waiting sometimes serves as an excuse to do nothing. You may have never considered this fact, but it is important to be prepared to wait.

Before ever placing yourself in the 'relax, do nothing, and wait for a miracle' position, (and miracles do happen, but), ask yourself, "Am I prepared for my miracle?" "Am I prepared for this need to be fulfilled?"

I know it may sound silly that thinking the following is setting yourself up for failure, "I am in need, and anytime it will be filled, let it happen." But it just may well be.

As we wait on the miracle maker to make a miracle, please remember what James
2:17
says, (the new international version), "So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead." So as you prepare to prepare yourself, please consider these things.

1. There are some things that 'must be done,' in order to be prepared for that thing you are waiting to happen. Is your heart ready? God does things with and through our lives that we have no control over, but we must be receptive to the change. If there is going to be progress, something has to change. I would go so far as to say the meaning of progress is "Change." Can you accept change?"

2. Miracles are not traditional. They do not conform to what people expect. Miracles are that thing that happens as a result, of that thing in between what is and what will lead to what is hoped for. Consider the man who washed his face in the pool after Jesus placed the spit ball in his eye. It was the welcoming of being spit on, that prepared for the miracle that would take away his blindness. Had he been told, "I'm going to spit on you." he may not have received it. But he was willing to go through what ever was necessary to get to his miracle. Are you ready to be out of the ordinary?

3. You have heard it said, "Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

4. Today, I say to you, "Faith is the walk toward those things you are hoping for, the act of living as though they are soon to be."

Don't just sit there!

Get ready for your miracle to happen!

No comments: