meta tag

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Value Time

They say time is money and money is time. What are your thoughts about that? Is it that if you have more time you will have more money?

I like to think,

"Time is God's gift to us, what we do with it is our gift back to him."

Every morning I get up I think, "What can I learn today?" So I turn on the television and look for a minister teaching preferably Joyce Meyers, Creflo Dollar, Paula White, Kevin Cosby, T. D. Jakes, or the engineer turned preacher, Joel Olsteen. (Wow that must mean he's a pretty smart guy).

Once I've got my head full of about an hour and a half of TV ministry, I'm ready to move into my day.

Next I think, "What do I need to work on for progress toward the plan today." Then I get to work on my computer. I think about the things I need to do to make my words to you as meaningful as possible. But before I actually get to work, I answer emails. I feel I spend too much time emptying junk mail. This is time that could be used to make progress.

In the grand scheme of things, there are 24 hours in a day, or so they say. We DO NOT have 24 hours with which to do anything. There are many things to consider that affects hour daily hours. Once we address these things, we can then begin planning to use our time to the best of our ability.

Remember, God gave everybody the same amount of time.

"What are we doing with our time?" is the question. Things to consider:

The process I call it the "24 hour theory"

1. Eating time accumulated during the day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

2. Travel time accumulated.

3. Time at work, (or school).

4. Time to get to work, (or school).

5. Time preparing for work, (or school).

6. Time to get home from work, (or school).

7. Time to relax from the day.

8. Snack time accumulated.

9. Phone time accumulated.

10. Time shared with loved ones, accumulated

11. Television time accumulated

12. Daydreaming time accumulated.

13. Time for God, (prayer and meditation).

14. Rest room time, (showering, teeth cleaning, disbursing, nose blowing).

Think you have more time than money? I have assembled the matching process for you to consider. Match the smallest measurement of clock time, to the smallest measurement of pocket money. One penny equals one second.

60 seconds X 60 pennies = .60¢

.60¢ X 60 minutes = $36.00

$36.00 X 24 hours = $864.00

$864.00 X 365 days in a year = $315,360

$315,360 is the minimum wage value of our time.

Value: are we really putting valued use to that time.

Can I really complain about not having enough time in a day when I spend an hour and a half watching television ministers speak about a scripture that took a total of 4 minutes to read?

I prayed asking God to give me 48 hours every day, so I can get many things done, and have time left over for the things I want to do the following days.

I looked around and noticed the message God painted with many lives.

"If I gave you 48 hours each day, people all over the world will complain to me, saying they have too much to do during their days. Listen to me my son. Use the time I have given you now wisely. By doing this you will show me that you have learned to value time. As you learn, to value time, I will minimize the pressures of getting the must things done by allowing you to enjoy your time with them. If you never learn to value time, you will live a life full of 'not enough,' 'complaining,' and 'poverty.' I gave the time to you. It is your choice to use it wisely."

Trembling and nervous after God allowed me to see this message, I became afraid of what God would think of me. The fear of allowing time to get away over took my soul. I feared giving God the impression that I do not value time.

Determined to rid myself of the fear, and win God's approval, I committed from that day forward, to plan and execute deeds that achieve progress. To show God I appreciate time He has given me, and for my own emotional comfort, I commit to "Value Time," using it to praise Him, plan progress, and implement the plan, and share "Love."

2 comments:

Alice H. Cash said...

You're a wise man, Tony! I like the way you think! Please post as often as you can...the world needs your wisdom.

Chantdoc

Tony Dollars said...

Thank you Dr. Cash. A life of seeking knowledge has taught me, we are only what we see. God has simply shown me the wisdom He holds. Excited and in awe, I speak and write reflecting those things He has shown me. In sharing these things, I hope and pray that others become as excited as I am to learn to seek the wisdom of God. I am humbled by those who would say I am wise. For I know it is His wisdom He has allowed me to carry. I thank His for allowing me to carry it from where it was to the heart destination of His desired delivery. I am simply a thankful carrier.
Thank you again for your kind words,
Please continue to comment,
In His love