meta tag

Sunday, September 12, 2010

To become one

One of my wife's friends introduced us to a friend of hers. He is now assembling a wonderful website for us. Our mission is to assist others in the process of strengthening themselves from within. We appreciate his work so very much and can't wait to introduce you to the entire site.

There is a power that lives within that I would like to write about here. This power has been a tremendous help to our becoming one

For over a year now, my wife and I have pretty much lived in two places. Soon we will embark on the challenge of living together consistently. I said challenge, because I'm sure it will bring some obstacles our way. Though that may be a truth farther than I can see right now, one truth I have great experience in has been the challenge of living without my wife.

You see that smile on her face. Take a good look. And that's not some child from a community program, or that she works with sitting on her lap either. That's my nephew in her arms. Rare to his personality, he took to her the moment he met her. I'll tell you a secret, so did I.

The day we met I told her, "You are my wife." We had been dating long distance and writing our communications on line, but nothing hit me like meeting her that day, in person, face to face, getting to know her and the feeling of being with her.

We married three months later.

I had shared my long time belief and the definition I had come to know of "TRUE LOVE," with her. She agreed. We began to live out this love, to explain it, to see it, and be it. I knew it existed all my life though I had never really witnessed it between a couple. I grew up in my circle of influence witnessing family and friends parents argue and make negative jokes about one another in front of their own friends and family. I read all the marriage jokes and witnessed the sitcoms like Archie Bunker, Married with Children, even The Jeffersons. More serious sitcoms children were allowed to watch rarely demonstrated good examples of this love. Shows that did offer good examples aired many years apart, such as in the Huxtables, and the Cleavers.

Few and far between were examples I could get a snippet of an idea of a good relationship. My example of love was how God treated me. As I grew older I began to study the bible more. I noticed , "God is Love," in a portion of a line that seemed to need more explanation, so I took liberty to explain what it meant to me. I took the time to write how it spoke to me. I wanted to have something to base my marriage on years before our marriage. I wanted to be the best husband my world has ever known. My wife say's I'm the best husband she's seen, but I'll let her tell you that. Right now I would like to share the ground work for what has led us 'to become one.' It is the reason I live...

True Love (tru luv) v.
1. To feel the need to encourage and lift others up spiritually, psychologically, financially, in wisdom or action. 2. The unchangeable aspiration that results in a commitment to behave in a lasting effort to serve in ways that are good for, needed by, and in the best interest of other person(s). 3. and one’s self, 4. Altruism. 5. Compassionate Magnanimous Behavior. 6. The desire that converts to the action to prepare one’s self and one’s situation to be of the best optimistic benefit. 7. The Highest Power.

taken from
"Consumine Desire Masters The Secret Power of True Love"
http://amzn.to/MyMusicStory

No comments: