meta tag

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Life can be hard

Have you ever noticed how some people are extremely happy no matter what, and others are always down no matter what happens?

At some point, if we are truly compassionate, we should wonder what's really going on.

The process of hiding is easy for the subconscious mind. Though you see the face, you may never know what is hurting inside. After time and time again of instance after instance of hurt, mishaps and pain, the side of the human mechanism that wants so bad to be happy creates an accelerated sense of joy that covers all the deep embedded pain inside. The person will seem extremely happy on the outside; all the while inside they are hurting.

As I writing this, I could suggest taking time to find out the core of the problem. Maybe that's not our job. Maybe our job is to help direct the person to acknowledge the core of the problem within them, and our job is to help find a cure. We need simply to listen to those quick, short, soft spoken cries for help.

Some have said that I am extra sensitive for a man. Let me tell you, I am all man, (if you wondered).In my case, growing up, people have seemed very insensitive to me. My sensitivity is my subconscious forming my personality into the need for a smile, a greeting, an offer of assistance, a life partner, someone to stick closer than a brother.

Look around you. The persons that seem to be down no matter what have very similar issues, they simply aren’t interested in hiding them. They are not so afraid of your criticism as are those who hide behind a smile.

In either case, I wonder how many of us will ever get to the point in maturity to recognize as the pastor of my childhood used to say, “If you find yourself wanting to say something about someone, put yourself in a position to help them. If you are not willing to help, don’t say a word.”

Life can be hard if we allow it to be.

Compassion takes mature people and expands their territory.

No comments: